Recipe: healthy and delicious Chia Seed Pudding
This recipe will leave you with a delicious, light and yet filling, pudding, that can be enjoyed at any time i.e. not just after a meal!
The steps are simple, take little effort, and can be easily adjusted to create a variety of different versions.
This recipe makes 2 servings
Ingredients for vegan Chia Seed Pudding
- Half a cup of Chia Seeds
- 1 cup of coconut milk - I used this one
- A quarter cup of coconut yoghurt - I used this one
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup - optional
- A fruit, or fruits, of your choice - blended or chopped
How to make vegan Chia Seed Pudding
- Put the the chia seeds and coconut milk into an air tight container, and mix it together thoroughly, ensuring that you reach the seeds at the bottom and edges of the container
- Put the lid on the container and leave it in the fridge overnight
- Check that the seeds have gelled, mix again and add the coconut yoghurt
- If you are happy with the thickness and richness of the pudding, leave it as it is, but if not, add more yoghurt
- If you think it will be sweet enough once the fruit has been added, leave it as it is, but if not, add the maple syrup and mix it in
- Decide which fruit you want, and chop it up small or blend it to create a puree
- Put the Chia Seed mix into a container of your choice i.e. what you will serve it in
- Place the fruit on top of the pudding or create layers in-between
- Put it in the fridge until you're ready to serve it
Below you'll see a few pf the variations that I've tried so far.