Recipe for delicious coffee truffles!
I created this recipe because although I'm not a huge fan of drinking coffee, I absolutely love it in cakes and chocolate!
This recipe makes between 15 and 20 truffles.
Ingredients for vegan Coffee Truffles
- The cream from a 400g can of coconut milk - put the can (upside down), in the fridge the night before
- 280g of vegan chocolate - broken into pieces
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of decaffeinated instant coffee granules
- Cocoa powder
How to make vegan Coffee Truffles
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge, turn it the right way round and open it Carefully scoop out the cream, which should have solidified and become separated from the coconut water
- Put the coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to boil over low heat
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the vanilla extract and pieces of chocolate to the pan
- Ensuring the heat is the lowest it can be, stir the 'coffee coconut milk' and chocolate every couple of minutes and remove it from the heat when the chocolate has melted
- Pour the contents of the pan into a container and set it aside to cool
- After it's cooled, put it in the fridge for about an hour - longer than an hour is fine but less than an hour isn't
- Use a spoon or ice-cream scoop to create pieces of a size that you're happy with
- Shape these pieces into truffles by squeezing and rolling them into balls with your hands
- Put them into a container and use a sieve to sprinkle cocao powder on them - the more the better
- Put in the fidge until you're ready to indulge!