This dish was delicious!
I usually make this so that there's more veg than noodles.
This recipe serves 2.
• 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
• 2 aniseed stars
• 2 fresh chillies – chopped
• 2 pak choi – separate the leaves
• 150g of mange tout - kept whole
• 175g of baby corn – cut into thirds
• 1 carrot – cut along the carrot making 3 cm strips
• 1/4 of a small bunch of broccoli – chopped into bite-size pieces
• 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 1 (150g) packet of straight to wok udon noodles
1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok
2. When it’s hot, add the chillies and aniseed star
3. After 30 seconds, add the carrot, pak choi, baby corn, mange tout and broccoli
4. Put the lid on the pan and let it cook on a high heat for a about 3 minutes
5. Add the soy sauce and mix
6. Cook for 1 minute and then add the noodles
7. Mix again, put the lid on the pan and cook on a high heat, for 1 minute
8. Serve in a bowl if you would like the food to remain hot for longer, otherwise serve it in a plate
Toast some sesame seeds and as add a garnish before serving.
Toast some cashew nuts and as add a garnish before serving.