This soup is wholesome, comforting and tasty. Perfect for a cold night, when you need warming up.Read More
Filtering by Tag: lemon juice
I fancied making some pesto myself, rather than, relying on the ready-made stuff. So I had a look at a few recipes and got creative.Read More
I have often heard vegetarians say that they would miss paneer if they shifted to a vegan diet. Before I went vegan I enjoyed dishes like chilli paneer, but it was more about the flavour, rather than, the paneer itself.
Recently, a few of us went away for the weekend. We hired a self-catering venue so that we could enjoy cooking and eating together. One of the dishes we made was similar to this. I thought it was yummy, but what really stuck in my mind; was one of our friends who didn't believe that it was vegan. She insisted that someone must have brought it with them or that we had made it with paneer! She had to hear it four times from two different people before she accepted it. She thought it was delicious!
With that in mind, I made it again to get the recipe right for 2 people, rather than, the 16 we made it for when we went away.Read More
I made this delicious pasta dish for a group who came over for dinner and it went down a treat. :)Read More
Ingredients for vegan creamy lemon dressing
- 5g of Rapeseed oil - also known as Canola oil
- 5g of Lemon juice
- 5g of Tahini
How to make vegan creamy lemon dressing
- Put all of the ingredients into a container which can be shaken without creating a spillage.
- Shake vigorously until the dressing emulsifies and becomes creamy.
Recipe courtesy of Constantin. Translation courtesy of Sarah.
This recipe is for a versatile salad.
It may be eaten at room temperature, or refrigerated and served cold.
It's also, not the typical salad, which always sparks interest and livens things up. :)
This recipe serves 4.
Ingredients for cauliflower salad
- ½ a head of cauliflower - raw
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Canola oil (also known as Rapeseed oil) or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1 teaspoon of dry dill weed
- 15.5 oz can of chick peas
How to make cauliflower salad
- Dice 2 large tomatoes
- Finely chop 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Mix the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
- Add pieces of raw cauliflower, which have been cut into small pieces
- Wash and drain the chick peas
- Add them chick peas to the bowl
- In a small mixing bowl combine the oil with the lemon juice
- Season with the dill weed
Recipe and photo courtesy of Ruth Gougian.
Cashew Cream is often used as a substitute for dairy whipped cream. It can be enjoyed with fruit, on cakes, in crepes, with pancakes and more.
Ingredients for vegan cashew cream
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
How to make vegan cashew cream
- Soak the cashews in 3 cups of water for 4 hours
- Drain the excess water
- Blend the cashews
- Add 1/2 cup of water, the maple syrup, vanilla essence and lemon juice
- Blend again
- That's it :)
Peanut sauce can be used in many dishes.
It can go well with noodles, vegetable kebabs and more.
Ingredients for vegan peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice juice/lemon juice/lime juice
How to make vegan peanut sauce
- In a small bowl or blender, mix all ingredients
- Add salt to taste
- Slowly add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of warm water or more until you attain a consistency that suits you