There are only a few 'Indian sweets' which I like and this is one of them. It's called Magaj in Gujarat and is known as Besan Ladoo in Maharashtra. The only difference between the two is that Magaj is usually cut in to squares and Besan Ladoo is moulded in a spheres.Read More
Filtering by Tag: nutmeg
I made this soup for the first time a couple of days ago.
It didn't take too long to make and was full of flavour, so I will definitely make it again!
I must admit that I cheated by using pre-cut Butternut Squash!
This recipe serves 2.
Ingredients for vegan butternut squash soup
• a (350g) packet of butternut squash – roughly chopped
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil or sunflower oil
• 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 of a teaspoon of pepper
• a pinch of cinnamon powder
• a pinch of nutmeg powder
• 1/2 a cup of coconut milk
• 2 mugs of water – 700 ml
How to make vegan butternut squash soup
1. Put the pieces of butternut squash on an oven tray and drizzle the oil over them
2. Roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes
3. Put the water, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg in a pan and boil it
4. When you are happy that the butternut squash is roasted enough, add it to the pan mentioned in step 3
5. Boil it until it’s tender and then blend it using a hand blender
6. Heat it for 3 minutes before adding water if it's too thick or boil further if it's too watery
7. Taste it and add more salt, pepper, cinnamon or nutmeg if required
8. Serve in a bowl, drizzle with coconut milk and enjoy
Put some in a bowl and drizzle with coconut milk before serving.
Serve with wholegrain bread.