An MP explains why we can't continue to sustain a Western style diet
I don't know why I was surprised to hear a Member of Parliament saying that we can't sustain a Western style diet outright and on record. The truth does not and should not be dependant on the source of it! This video is under 1.5 minutes long and it compares the effects of a Western style diet and a plant-based one.
Here are some points that leaped out at me:-
- WithOUT the predicted growth population of 2.3 billion we'd need 3 Earth sized planets to sustain ourselves if everyone adopted a Western diet.
- A vegan diet only needs 1/3 of the water and land in comparison to that needed to maintain an animal based diet.
- Farmers will not be displaced and out of work as a result of people shifting to a vegan diet.
More about this film...
The entire film lasts 30 minutes. It explores the benefits of being vegan. Some of these are: -
- an exciting lifestyle
- eating delicious food
- consuming healthy food
- tackling the ethics behind making this shift
- global challenges that we face now and in the future.
It was produced by The Vegan Society.
Will you make the connection and become part of the solution?
“This civilization is the impact of the world's consumption behavior.” Toba Beta