Recipe: Date and Nut Slices
This recipe creates a tasty, replenishing, healthy snack.
The recipe makes about 15 pieces but it depends on how big cut them and how thick the 'roll' is.
Ingredients for vegan date and nut slices, also known as, Khajur Paak
- 1 packet of pitted dates (250g)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 bowl of mixed nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews) - roughly ground/chopped nuts
- Desiccated coconut
How to make vegan date and nut slices, also known as, Khajur Paak
- Roughly chop dates and place them in a large saucepan
- Add the water and heat for about 15 minutes
- The dates will softened and form a paste-like consistency
- Add the mixed nuts and mix well
- Roll the mixture into cylindrical rolls - about 4 c.m. in diameter
- Coat the rolls in desiccated coconut
- Cover the roll with greaseproof paper and put in the fridge for at least 12 hours
- When ready to eat, slice the rolls into 1 c.m. thick pieces
Recipe kindly provided by Rehma Chandaria. Photo courtesy of Sagar Shah.