Recipe: Kale and Courgette Soup within 35 minutes
This creation is healthy, doesn't take long and it went down a treat when I served it as a dinner party recently. :)
This recipe serves 4 - 6 people.
Ingredients for vegan kale and courgette soup
• 200g of kale
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 small courgette – cut into medium sized cubes
• 1 cube of stock – dissolved in 500 ml of water
• 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
• 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
• 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
• 2 handfuls of broccoli florets
• freshly ground salt
• freshly ground pepper
• lime juice
How to make vegan kale and courgette soup
1. Warm the oil in a large pan and when it’s hot, add the caraway seeds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds
2. After 2 minutes, add the courgette, kale and stock
3. Cook for 20 minutes and then liquidise using a hand blender
4. Season with salt, pepper & lime juice
5. Add finely sliced broccoli florets 5 minutes before serving
Serve with vegan wholegrain bread.
If kale is not readily available spinach can be used instead.