Recipe: Gaajar and Marcha No Sambhaaro (a savoury salad) within 15 minutes
This is one of my favourites when I want something different for breakfast!
It's a savoury salad which I have with 'Indian' tea and Rotli. Rotli is also knows as Roti and Chapatti.
This recipe serves 1.
Ingredients for Gaajar and Marcha No Sambhaaro
• 2 fairly large carrots – grated
• 1 fresh green chilli – chopped into thin 2 cm strips
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil or sunflower oil
• 1/2 a teaspoon of mustard seeds
• 1 pinch of cumin seeds
• 1 pinch of asafetida
• 1 pinch of turmeric
• salt to taste
• 1/2 a teaspoon of lemon juice
• 1 rotli (also known roti or chapati) – readymade rotli is sold in many supermarkets
How to make Gaajar and Marcha No Sambhaaro
1. Heat the oil in a pan, and when it’s hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafetida
2. When the seeds pop, add the grated carrots and chilli and stir
3. Add the turmeric and salt and let it cook for a few minutes before serving
4. Taste and add lemon juice if needed
5. Fold a rotli in half, put it on a plate and add some of the savoury salad beside it
Enjoy with 'Indian' tea.
Use it as a filling in a sandwich.
Eat it alongside another meal, like a pickle.