Recipe: Cheese on toast with pesto within 10 minutes
Here's another quick recipe for something warm, quick, filling and tasty.
This recipe serves 2.
Ingredients for vegan cheese on toast with pesto
- 4 slices of brown bread - I use Hovis because I know it doesn't have any non-vegan ingredients
- About 10 strips of sliced vegan cheese - I used Cheezly Pepperjack style
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 fresh chillies
- Vegan pesto
How to make vegan cheese on toast with pesto
- Put some slices of bread under the grill for a few minutes
- When they're a little cooked i.e. not anywhere near fully toasted, spread the pesto on the toast
- After about 30 seconds, add the of cheese
- Chop the tomatoes and add it to the toast when the cheese has begun to melt
- Add the chopped chillies when the tomatoes have cooked a little
- Add salt and pepper to taste